Music: Interview - Vince Kidd

It's been crazy. Our last article in which we've featured Etta Bond and Vince Kidd seemed to appeal to a lot of our readers, fans and even Etta and Vince. The feedback we've received was great and so we decided to give you more of what you want. 
Project Quality was given the opportunity to interview Vince Kidd and feature him once again to become part of our list of artists. 

Currently he's recording in the studio. But for you and Project Quality he took some time, went through all of our questions and answered them.

 picture via

Interview: Stefan for PQ

Project Quality: Obviously Vince Kidd is not your actual name. How did you come up with it and what does it stand for?

This psychic lady who lived across the road when I was growing up called me Vince and it stuck.


PQ: When did you start singing and writing songs?

I've always sung, but I think I thought "I'm gonna be a singer" when I saw Sister Act 2 as a kid. In my head I was Lauryn Hill, probably sounded like a fucking strangled cat back then though.


PQ: How would you describe your own style and typical sound?

Free - I wear what I feel and sing what I feel and that's the only way to do it. I'm just being myself, I don't know, it's kind of hard to describe that.


PQ: Who are your biggest influences and what have you learned from them?

Oh my god so many! I take influence from everything, which is why I try to only listen to the good shit because we soak it all up like sponges. I'm a 90s kid, grew up on my RnB girls (Amy, Lauryn, Aaliyah) but I hate this question. I never know how to answer it because I like everyone a lot. I would mainly say I like artists that live it, be it, and it doesn't feel like that's too many these days. Rock'n'roll is a bit dead. The rock stars these days are the likes of Kanye, Jay - Z, Rihanna. I heard the Watch the Throne shows were mindblowing! I'm so pissed I never got to go!


PQ: Tell us a little bit about your career before The Voice UK, about the intention to audition and how your life has changed since then.

I was scouted for the show. I said "hell no" at first. Before the show I was trying to get signed, I had my shit together but no label, no money, and was told doing this show would change that. “Vince you just need a platform." So one day I just thought fuck it and said yes. I went for the first audition thinking why am I doing this and kind of thought that right up until the final. But shit, I'm so happy I did do it!

PQ: How did working with Jessie J and being on live TV feel?

I love live TV, it turns me on. You never know what's going to happen! I got nothing but good things to say about Jess, she's my girl. And she's at the top because she exceptionally talented and also the hardest working person I've ever met with the biggest heart. Love her!



 
picture via



PQ: When is your album coming out? What's the name of it and can you give us any exclusive details in terms of the sound, songs that are on it and another possible duet with Jessie J?

The album is coming this year. I've got a lot of it done, but I'm in the studio right now as we speak as I'm always creating. That's what I'll be doing right up until the release. With regards to said duet - just wait and see!!!



PQ: Your going on a mini headline tour soon (20.-23.6.2012). What is that going to be like and what can we expect from it?


My Kidds are the fucking best! What they stand for is being free. We don't care what you think, we're gonna have fun, be who we are, love who we love, do what we want! And that's what my show represents. One big motherfucking free for all!!!!!!!



picture via

And now some random quick fire questions:



PQ: What's your favorite song?


Right now, erm... Biggie - Juicy.


PQ: What's your favorite clothing store?



Karmaloop.com


PQ: Your favorite milkshake flavor?


Chocolate
 
PQ: Are you allergic to something?

Bullies

PQ: What kind of phone do you have?



Just got an iPhone.

PQ: If the world was going to end tomorrow what would you wear?


I'd be butt naked!!

PQ: Let's end this with something special and meaningful: give a shoutout to your Kidds out there!

K I double D's ... never change because some asshole told you to! I love you and I've got your back cause you've had mine and allowed me to do this on my own terms! Can't wait to put this album out for you and meet you at the shows! We're gonna have some fun!!!


Want more of Vince Kidd?


And just in case you haven't noticed: Project Quality is on Twitter as well as on Facebook . Tweet us, like us - we're looking forward to it!