Fashion: Stacey Hendrickson (casper&pearl)

Stacey Hendrickson, an eighteen year Australian fashion designer is making quite a name for herself and for her label, casper &pearl. The South Australian based brand began at the Gilles Street Markets, where she sold altered vintage clothing and handmade garments. Just three months later her clothes are selling out over her Facebook page and being seen on International fashion blogs.


 
I have always wanted to be a fashion designer, growing up I would always sell my handmade bracelets at recess, help my mum put sequins on my dancing costumes and draw up hundreds of designs. I even had my own folder for it, except back then my label was called Spice, after the Spice Girls of course. Since then I enrolled in a Fashion Course at a university in Adelaide , South Australia , and then began to take it a lot more serious. I spent hour after hour hand sewing each flower on to a handmade headband, stitching up sheer skirts and picnic dresses and altering an endless amount of vintage clothing to sell at my stall. Ever since then there was really no turning back.
The name casper &pearl is inspired by my childhood, growing up on the country side with my next door neighbour Pearl . We spent everyday together climbing trees, getting up to mischief, having tea parties and running through our neighbours paddocks. The innocence and adventurous nature inspired all of my designs, so it seemed only practical to name my label after that. I like to produce cute dresses and playful skirts for the girl next door who is free spirited, fun, energetic, confident, warm hearted and silly- just like a child. c&p is for playing in, doing hundreds of twirls till your dizzy in, jumping in puddles in, and wearing daisy chains in.
I am currently working on my first collection which will be released around September. It will be available through my Facebook page, online at http://www.youngrepublic.com.au/ and hopefully in a few boutiques in Australia .